Are you caring for someone in the last phase of their life?
At Carers Network we empathise and can offer practical guidance at a difficult time
As someone that you care for is living the last phase of their life, there may be many issues for them and for you in your caring role.
This might include discussing how and where they are cared for, coordinating health and financial affairs as well as declaring any specific wishes.
We aim to provide support that will assist unpaid adult Carers to undertake their caring in a least stressful way as possible.
Is this service for Carers right for me?
The person that you care for may be either one of the following.
- Diagnosed with a terminal illness or
- Over 80 years and possibly at risk
- Living with ill health/long-term medical condition or
- Perhaps, living in a care/residential home
If the answer is yes to any one of the above, then we may be able to help in overcoming some of the barriers as a Carer.
Sometimes this can include working with you to communicate and liaise with e.g. health & social care professionals, the local authority and other agencies.
What support is available?
- There are workshops offered on-line or in the community that provide information on a variety of matters for Carers
- Contact with knowledgeable people to help you prioritise any issues that you may have
- There are also opportunities to interact on a social level with other Carers
- A weekly online newsletter listing events, activities and articles of interest
- Enquiries responded to and support delivered by a variety of communication methods
The types of support available is regularly reviewed. Each Carer is supported according to need and the appropriate resources available at the time.
At Carers Network the well-being of adult Carers and the person that you care for is important to us. We can offer empathy, free, impartial and practical guidance. You are not alone.
Find out more
H&F Directory for End of Life & Palliative Care Services
Download here a contact directory for anyone caring for or supporting people (over the age of 18) in the last phase / End of life in the community.
Established in 2014 and generously funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and The Henry Smith Charity to support unpaid adult Carers across Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster.